Blue is an effortlessly cool colour — in a home, it can look punchy, calm, or neutral, depending on which shade you choose. Why is blue so popular? It's not only the colour of the sky and the ocean, it's also a soothing colour that can calm our nerves. When we see blue, we're transported. And incorporating blue as a colour in your home can be a fun way to add a relaxing touch to your interior design. Blue is a classic choice for walls and with good reason — who wouldn't want to feel zen in their home just by gazing at the wall?
So if you're ready to take on shades of baby blue, cerulean, navy, or royal blue in your home, then let's take a look at the best ideas for blue walls.
1. Ocean blue: If you want wow-factor in any room, choose a dark ocean blue. This shade provides the perfect backdrop for the art and unique furniture pieces in this living room.
2. Grey-blue: Talk about chic. This grey-blue shade is contemporary and stylish, perfect for urban spaces.
3. Light blue: In any room, light blue is a fantastic alternative to white. For a sense of calm and serenity, opt for a lighter blue.
4. Blue accent: Darker shades of blue-grey can look almost like a neutral against more colourful furniture, and provide a needed break from white walls.
5. Deep teal: You really can't go wrong with a deep shade of teal — it's a classic for a reason. Pair this with any furniture and your room will look flawless.
6. Aquamarine accent: For a more vibrant pop of colour, aquamarine is a great choice as an accent wall. Since it's so stark, it might be a shade better suited to beach houses or homes near the sea with seaside-style furniture.
7. Robin's egg blue: While this shade is pretty daring, robin's egg blue looks romantic and dreamy as an accent wall in the bedroom and equally as lovely in a bathroom.
8. Peacock blue: Adding a strip of blue to half of the wall is a genius idea to inject colour into your home while maintaining white space. Peacock blue looks good anywhere.
9. Blueberry blue: Deeper blues like this blueberry shade work really well with white or off-white accents. It's a rich look so if you have the right furniture to pull it off, your living room will look amazing.